Sadlak & M1a

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

txnavalaviator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I was so excited to finaly get my Sadlak mount in for my m1a being that my SA 3rd gen is a glorified paper weight. So the sadlak comes with a reciever inspection kit that is great if your a machineist. however, I'm not a machineist. "Day" @ Sadlak claims that less than 1% of recievers are not milspec. so I'll get on with it now, with the mount installed as per instructions the scope seems way off to the left compared to the irons. i don't know if the bushnell 3200 eliete has enough to even get on paper pointing this far off. I think it may be my scope rings due to their cheap nature. am i crazy or....:giveup:

txnavalaviator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If someone would be willing to take a look at it I'd be happy to meet up at the range. Also i have some quality 30mm rings i would be willing to swap for a decent set of 1" rings to try to fix this issue

txnavalaviator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the mount and the rings i was talking about. sorry for poor quality all i have is an iphone.

Attachments

• m1asadlak.jpg
    m1asadlak.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 224
  • sadlak.jpg
    sadlak.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 222

txnavalaviator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
kinda, the channel in the middle of the mount @ the aft is off set to the right. but my scope is pointing wayyyyy left. I got a PM for some rings hopefully this will be the remedy. ill post results

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you saying that the centerline of your mount and the centerline of your bore are not running parallel? Some mounts have the Scope offset to the left of the receiver(i.e. the bore and scope axis are not running through the same verticle plane.

The Basset Mount addresses this short comming and angles the mount in to put the scope directly above the axis of the bore.

A picture from the top looking down would be very helpful.

feel free to come by my office tomorrow. I can take a look at it for you. I work near SW 20th and Meridian. PM if you want.

Latest posts

Top Bottom