Safariland Comp II Speedloaders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A few days ago, I received two of these speedloaders from Safariland, and the initial impression of them is a good one. Even though they take getting used to, they seem to be well-made and reasonably secure, although I have yet to test them on this.

I'll do that very soon

Now a slight negative that has to do with the delivery service: FedEx ground. They were extremely slow in this delivery and also in another recent delivery. If you are a seller, my advice is to avoid them like the plague. The previous delivery seemed to go around the world and it took several days to leave the shipping facility and then when it finally did leave it stayed in Texas for several days before getting moved to Okie City and thence to Enid, where it was finallly put in the US Post Office for final delivery.

This package did not take quite so long but it still took longer than it had to. So, if you want happy customers, avoid FedEx ground.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A further point: I have been practicing with them and they were awkward to use at first but they do seem to be getting a little less awkward. I suppose it is a matter of getting used to them more than anything else. They do seem pretty secure.

Loading them is still awkward.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like them a lot better than HKS. I release the shells before I'm ready every time with HKS spilling rounds everywhere except in the cylinder where they belong. With Safariland that's not an issue.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like them a lot better than HKS. I release the shells before I'm ready every time with HKS spilling rounds everywhere except in the cylinder where they belong. With Safariland that's not an issue.
That is surprising because that has never been a problem for me when I used the HKS. They have always worked well for me.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
These speed loaders are the ones I use to have when I carried my S&W Model 581 while working armed security. Never had a problem once I got used to them. There is a slight learning curve in order to be efficient, though.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
These speed loaders are the ones I use to have when I carried my S&W Model 581 while working armed security. Never had a problem once I got used to them. There is a slight learning curve in order to be efficient, though.
That's the impression that I have as well; a learning process.

And I agree with the 581/681 being fine handguns. I have a 681 and I love it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom