Safe Technician Recommendations in the OKC Area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outlawfirearms

Marksman
Reaction score
After watching and discussing the process of replacing a keypad lock with a mechanical dial lock, I replaced the electronic keypads on my other two Cannon safes. I replaced both with the same type S&G mechanical dial lock that Mark Wells used on my first safe after the electronic keypad and lock solenoid died. I feel a lot better now that I don't have to worry about changing batteries or a solenoid or circuit board going bad and being locked out of my safe. I definitely recommend Mark Wells with Safe 1 if you run into issues with getting into your safe or changing out a lock and you don't want to try it yourself. His contact information is in my posts from earlier this year.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, I replaced a electronic keypad with a mechanical and it was pretty much remove and replace. Set the combination and done. Both were S&G brand.

ok-22shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I spoke with SCI at Wanenmacher's gun show over the weekend. A church friend's dad passed away and they do not know the combo to his safe. It is suppose to be empty. SCI said $450 in most cases to get in and reset code. A little surpassed that they drill under the dial and do not have to repair. He did say that you would not know it hade been drilled. I need to see if the inside panel on both my safes are removable. Make notes on what needs to be moved if the dial goes bad.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I spoke with SCI at Wanenmacher's gun show over the weekend. A church friend's dad passed away and they do not know the combo to his safe. It is suppose to be empty. SCI said $450 in most cases to get in and reset code. A little surpassed that they drill under the dial and do not have to repair. He did say that you would not know it hade been drilled. I need to see if the inside panel on both my safes are removable. Make notes on what needs to be moved if the dial goes bad.
The panels usually slide up and pull out from the bottom. Might have a screw under a plastic cover.

Latest posts

Top Bottom