saiga 12

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x-ray gun

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
3'' mags never so much fun ,but my s&b 00 FTE . need some local parts like tapco furniture,maybe a local place to have it converted ak style. any help or just comments welcome

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Translation

3'' mags never so much fun

I own a Saiga 12, and it is a lot of fun to shoot. Especially shooting 3" shells out of it.

but my s&b 00 FTE

I tried to run some Sellier & Bellot 00 shells through it, but I've been having problems with failures to eject when I do.

need some local parts like tapco furniture

Does anyone know of a local store in town that carries after market parts for the Saiga 12? I'd really like to see if I could find some Tapco furniture for it.

maybe a local place to have it converted ak style.

I've looked into getting it converted to a traditional AK configuration. I think it's more then what I want to take on myself. Does anyone know of any local shops or gun smiths who could order the parts and do the conversion work for me?

any help or just comments welcome

I'd love to hear from any other Saiga 12 owners out there.

So in reply...

Seller & Bellot shells tend to run a little longer then some of the domestic shells on the market. That's probably what is leading to the failure to eject problems your having. Switch to a domestic shell like Remington and I bet you won't have that problem.

I don't know anyone who carries after market parts for the Saiga 12, you might try Sooner Tactical in Tulsa or Dong's. If anyone carried parts for them it would be one of those two stores.

If you can afford the cash and the wait time the best way for you to go would be to get a conversion done by Tromix in Tulsa. They are the industry leader in after market Saiga conversions.

x-ray gun

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you for all the replies, fun or not. I was trying to find some information regarding the conversion of a SAIGA 12 to a AK configuration. I used shortform (or common abbreviated lingo) to describe my query as I was in a bit of a hurry, sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks again! :patriot:

Big-Tex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
T&K here in tulsa might be able to help on the conversion.

Any decent smith should be able too, the question is who will.

Glad you enjoy it, I've thought about talking to Tromix and getting a 10" Saiga, but I don't have the change right now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom