Saiga AK47 help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guardiano

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a new saiga ak 47 today and it has a straight stock on it how do I put a regular ak pistol grip stock on it I think it looks goofy the way it is and would like to put something like a nice tapco on it any help is greatly accepted I really dont know much about aks but I figured why not get one and see for myself.

Teeeroy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought my Saiga at Brigadoon's before they quit selling guns and the fella behind the counter installed my Tapco stock/Saw grip. It's not a truly converted Saiga, so I think it looks a bit goofy. I plan on trying to convert it this winter. We'll see.

I didn't actually put the stock set on myself, but it didn't look overly complicated either. I just watched him do it while I waited. Took him about 10 minutes.

OK Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Google Saiga conversion and check the 922R law if you change anything on the rifle it will may it an illegal by 922R. If you make changes it can have no more than 10 Russian parts. So you will have to change more like the handguard, trigger, hammer, disconnector, etc. See the Saiga 12 forumn for information. I have alos been planning on doing the conversion myself. Where did you get the Saiga?

Teeeroy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Google Saiga conversion and check the 922R law if you change anything on the rifle it will may it an illegal by 922R. If you make changes it can have no more than 10 Russian parts. So you will have to change more like the handguard, trigger, hammer, disconnector, etc. See the Saiga 12 forumn for information. I have alos been planning on doing the conversion myself. Where did you get the Saiga?

The Tapco stuff is all U.S. made, isn't it? So I would think it would only improve 922r compliance - if anything. But I promise that I'm not expert, either.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Tapco stuff is all U.S. made, isn't it? So I would think it would only improve 922r compliance - if anything. But I promise that I'm not expert, either.

You can't change just 1 part with a US made part. Its an all or none type of deal. You need to read the links others have provided.

guardiano

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive looked at all the links provided and I think this may end up in the classifieds before I decide to try and meet all the guidelines I think a AR build is in my future unless anyone knows someone who does legal conversions?

Latest posts

Top Bottom