SBR Upper Suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mpdelaney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am building an SBR. Well, have been for a while now... I need an upper now. Suggestions? Was looking at an Adams Arms piston 7.5". Then thought eventually I'd like to add a can, so now thinking 10.5". Ideas or suggestions please...

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The AR platform allows many choices. I have a 10.5 on mine and it works really well. I've tried 7.5 on it and had good results. For me personally, I like the 10.5 better. If you want some wiggle room, when you fill out the Form-1, put the barrel length and overall length as short as you want it. Anything from there is a "temporary" change and can be taken on and off whenever you want. The only requirement is that it can be reconfigured back to what is on the Form-1.

Mpdelaney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you to all... @HSIG: I will eventually, just going for my first though. @PROFREEDOMOKIE: I understand... I know that the powder is still burning very hot when the projectile exits the barrel in a 7.5". That's why I was thinking the 10.5". That makes a huge difference. That's why the fireball on a 7.5 is sooo much bigger.

Latest posts

Top Bottom