Science Journals closing down because of over 11,000 fraudulent study papers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's why computer science is in the College of Engineering, as a subset of Electrical Engineering.
I think it depends on the college. Some colleges have the CS degree under their college of engineering & some have their CS degree under their college of arts & sciences, like their math & physics degrees.
For example OU’s CS degree is in their college of engineering & OSU’s is in their college of arts & sciences.
Additionally, some colleges offer both a Computer engineering degree & a computer science degree. Different curriculums.

Last edited:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nature magazine among many others. All the big names in science have been pulling so called Peer reviewed papers because they turned out to be faked. Right now the trust in science by the general public is the lowest it has been in decades no matter what the studies say.

It has been some years back, but there was a climate scientist that quit the UN's IPCC over "peer review." He was one of many scientist given just one page of the "paper" to review. Apparently, none of the scientists got to see the whole thing.

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is a catastrophic problem for serious Journals, and the implicated distrust to -all- journals.

Probably related to the OP link, there's also problems with sub-par 'Journals' that will 'fast-track' good/bad/fake articles (without sufficient vetting) for the purpose of collecting publishing fees.

More reading on the general problem:
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-023-02553-1

List of potential predatory journals:
https://beallslist.net/
...Sadly, It's a looooong list.

(Or google: list of predatory journal 2023)

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it depends on the college. Some colleges have the CS degree under their college of engineering & some have their CS degree under their college of arts & sciences, like their math & physics degrees.
For example OU’s CS degree is in their college of engineering & OSU’s is in their college of arts & sciences.
Additionally, some colleges offer both a Computer engineering degree & a computer science degree. Different curriculums.
If you ask anyone in the hard sciences (physics, chemistry, etc), they’ll all tell you that anything that has to call itself a science isn’t actually a science.

1Mudman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think at this point with Globalist trying anything and everything they can do to scare us into their control its easy for most of us in our Senior yrs to see thru the BS and can smell a liar 10,000 miles away. You call me want but healthcare service has gotten worse than Canada's Social Medical so they can let us die from no treatments or Dr evalutions. Its a tough World out here for Seniors. We are fighting for our lives because of the LIES of NWO/WEF and WHO. Their science is deadly for Seniors

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think at this point with Globalist trying anything and everything they can do to scare us into their control its easy for most of us in our Senior yrs to see thru the BS and can smell a liar 10,000 miles away. You call me want but healthcare service has gotten worse than Canada's Social Medical so they can let us die from no treatments or Dr evalutions. Its a tough World out here for Seniors. We are fighting for our lives because of the LIES of NWO/WEF and WHO. Their science is deadly for Seniors
Funny you should say that when many Canadians are coming across the border to get medical treatment. The sad fact is medical care world wide is going into the crapper.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I trust science. I just don't trust scientists. They have the exact same flaws the rest of us do. It's pure hubris when they pretend they don't.
True but the average Joe does not make the distinction. Most do not know that science is never settled, it is always questioning, always looking at things a new way because the truth is, we never know as much as we think we know.

I freely admit that I am not a scientist, but before my life went off the rails the first time I wanted to be an oceanographer and was studying everything I could get my hands on. Since then I have discovered I like studying the science of science, or as some put it, the business of science. It amazes me what gets passed off as science or scientist nowadays. Heck I am still laughing that among the "scientist" that signed the big "global warming is real" letter were several fictional scientist and a gynecologist.

Cimarron

Marksman
Reaction score
The thing about scientific studies and the publishing of them, is you have to know who funded the studies. Most of these studies are funded by far left wealthy individuals who want their points of view reinforced by pseudoscience. Unfortunately today popular media is full of pseudoscience designed to support a political agenda..

Latest posts

Top Bottom