scope eye

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weatherby

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
A little scope eye or slide bite never hurt anyone. In fact its a pretty good way to realize your doing something wrong

Kinda what I was thinking. That's like pinching yourself with pliers when there are no saftey instuctions included. It hurts, but you are not putting yourself or anyone else in mortal peril.

claricSTi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dont judge me dude you dont even know me if you dont like what i have to say then dont read it hands on is the best knowledge now he knows not to do it again

I am not usually one to bust balls but damn, is it that hard to use a comma or period?

Back on topic. I agree that a little scope bite is a good lesson. I know one time was more than enough for me.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Geez... Lighten up Grandma...

It's not like anyone's putting gunpowder in someones cigarettes, wiring a capacitor to the toilet seat, CS powder in the defrost vents, CS powder in the vacuum used for the BN HQ conference room, M117 flash simulators in baggies, affixed inside a porta john tank with pull string hidden outside (Harder than it sounds), dipping M117 flash simulators in glue, roll in BBs and rigging high in trees with drop line trip wires, dead skunk in a rucksack, live racoons in the squad leader's room, special water, tossing a handful of blanks in the fire (gets you a front row spot on cold rainy nights)...

Those are practical jokes that I and countless other GIs have participated in. Hilarious, even to the guys that got mildly injured. Why, because we lived in a thick skinned and durable society, without whiners or self important, anxiety riddled safety nazi's.

What the OP describes is observing someone making a fairly common newby mistake and laughing about it. As everyone else that witnessed it would. If someone has difficulty appreciating the guy humor in it, it's time to change the depends.

Muleman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Geez... Lighten up Grandma...

It's not like anyone's putting gunpowder in someones cigarettes, wiring a capacitor to the toilet seat, CS powder in the defrost vents, CS powder in the vacuum used for the BN HQ conference room, M117 flash simulators in baggies, affixed inside a porta john tank with pull string hidden outside (Harder than it sounds), dipping M117 flash simulators in glue, roll in BBs and rigging high in trees with drop line trip wires, dead skunk in a rucksack, live racoons in the squad leader's room, special water, tossing a handful of blanks in the fire (gets you a front row spot on cold rainy nights)...

Those are practical jokes that I and countless other GIs have participated in. Hilarious, even to the guys that got mildly injured. Why, because we lived in a thick skinned and durable society, without whiners or self important, anxiety riddled safety nazi's.

What the OP describes is observing someone making a fairly common newby mistake and laughing about it. As everyone else that witnessed it would. If someone has difficulty appreciating the guy humor in it, it's time to change the depends.

Thank you indeed! By far the best post in the thread, although I'm not sure about your grammer and punctuation since I'm not an English teacher.

Latest posts

Top Bottom