scope help for ar

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikey176293

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I currently use a eotech on my ar and wanting to get into some precision longer range shooting with my .223. Looking at 2 scopes. OPS has a vortex viper(I would get 4-12)& and a friend is selling a leopold vari x II 4-12 ao. Both are mildot. Anybody have any suggestions and why you do or do not suggest them? Thanks!

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the prices are similar I'd go with the Viper--I've heard good things.

On the VX II....a Leupold is a Leupold...but that ain't exactly a Mark 4.

jroberts1968

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Buy a Millet DMS get the best of both worlds in a 250.00 value. I used one for a while and love it, I like irons better. I may get rid of this one if interested. but they are nice scopes.

ai614.photobucket.com_albums_tt221_SaigaMan_PICT0060.jpg

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I currently use a eotech on my ar and wanting to get into some precision longer range shooting with my .223. Looking at 2 scopes. OPS has a vortex viper(I would get 4-12)& and a friend is selling a leopold vari x II 4-12 ao. Both are mildot. Anybody have any suggestions and why you do or do not suggest them? Thanks!

Buy a Millet DMS get the best of both worlds in a 250.00 value. I used one for a while and love it, I like irons better. I may get rid of this one if interested. but they are nice scopes.

what are the specs?

1-4x24.

Not exactly what I'd use for "precision longer range" shooting, but then again we might have differing definitions of precision long range shooting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom