Scope Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ride Da Fire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since I get a decent amount of tax return from the FED and State, I planned to buy a .223 bolt rifle for my wife and a good scope on it. My budget is $1500 for both scope and rifle. So I was thinking about Remington 700 SPS .223 and scope is________ still undecided until I get some input from you guy. Night Force, Swarovski and Leupold are out of the budget for sure. She is just like me, still working on 50 yards - 100 yards shooting.

Ride Da Fire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I checked Opticsplanet and found this Nikon 3-12x42SF Nikoplex for $429.95. It's engineered for the 223 Rem./5.56mm NATO round, just what I need for a .223 bolt rifle. I think I'll go for a Nikon with BDC 600 reticle.

Wotac,Bushnell, or maybe ar Leupold Mark 2 series.

Leupold sure is a nice scope but the mark 2 doesn't have a mil-dot option. I want her to learn to use the mil-dot but Leupold that come with mil-dot is way out of budget.

Thanks all.

fltmedic

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can go on SWFA and purchase either a Leupold Mark 2 or Leupold Mark AR with Mil Dots for 3-9x40 Mark2 with mil-dots for 399.00 or the leupold Mark AR 3-9x40 for 349.00 and thats calibrated for 223 with mil-dots. They both are built on 1" tubes though.

Ride Da Fire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can go on SWFA and purchase either a Leupold Mark 2 or Leupold Mark AR with Mil Dots for 3-9x40 Mark2 with mil-dots for 399.00 or the leupold Mark AR 3-9x40 for 349.00 and thats calibrated for 223 with mil-dots. They both are built on 1" tubes though.

Damn I forgot about SWFA. I'll check their site. thanks

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Send a PM to 10.5stang.
We were talking about some Countersniper Scopes he's getting the other day.
These are really nice scopes & he can hook you up with the right deal.

fltmedic

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wall have you read any of the range reports on the Counter Sniper Scopes? They do not get such good feed back on teh other shooting websites for performance and customer service at all. Just dont want any guys on here spending money on an inferior product.

Latest posts

Top Bottom