scope recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iceman755

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
okay everybody I need scope opinions recommendations. I'm looking for scope kind of an intermediate range like a 2 to 7 power that will give me short to medium range brush gun. shops maybe from 50 yards to no more than 3 or 400 yards at the maximum but it also have to withstand a recoil of the rifle. any recommendations on a tough scope

iceman755

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
already have 1 on my 308 I want something a little smaller in later on this rifle it just a ruger number 1 I'm not going to be competing in any max is with it

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In that power range, it's hard to beat the 2.5-10x pst. The SS 1-6x with the donut reticle is an awesome option. One of the better scopes that I have owned.

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's difficult to make recommendations without a price range. On the lower end you could get a Leupold VX1 in 2-7 that would run a couple of hundred and get you a nice quality scope. You may be different but I wouldn't spend much more than that for a scope on a brush gun.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The model 94 i got from my dad had a redfield widefield 4X on it since 1974.
I took that scope off due to lens scratches , but that was 2 years ago.. up until that time it never lost zero.

Took deer quickly at 25 yards to 300+..Yes a 30-30.
If you set the scope at the correct length for your eye when you have the proper cheek weld you can quick draw up a rifle and get said target in the cross hairs immediately.

I have had to shoot like that on 4X with many scopes and guns..no issues with it.
When you have less than 3/4 of a second to draw up and fire scope positioning and eye relief really come into play.

For far away shots when shooting through a tiny window i have cranked my 4-16 up to 10 power.. usually do not need any more unless i am punching paper.
I have been eyeing a vortex crossfire II.. man that glass is clear..
Good luck on your quest.

Latest posts

Top Bottom