SD Stats

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gun Pulling Scenarios

• Ive pulled my gun and unloaded a full mag

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ive pulled my gun and had to reload mag/cylinder

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
These questions are not for LEO/Military actions where you've pulled in the line of duty, but only for civilian/off duty SDA situations.

*EDIT for brainfart*- If you have pulled your gun but didnt fire, click "Ive never pulled my gun and fired"

luvmykalashnikov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have pulled and fired one shot. I don't count the shot tho because it was a warning shot.
In the hills and what I assume to be a feral dog charging and barking. Stops 25 yards out still very aggressive and barking. Children present, not wanting to kill a dog if I don't have to especially in front of the kids.
One shot in front of him he circled and headed off never to be seen again.
Ended well for everyone.

Probably not what you were looking for but it was SD.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Never so far, but like one of the posters about discharging at a dog, back in my home state of Georgia lots of subdivisions have gone up around my dad's property of 22 acre's. There is also a eight acre lake fully stocked that all the family uses. Lately there have been trespasser's, and several stray dog's. So an adult always goes with the kids, and carries the old model 60 loaded with stingers. More snakes have been eradicated, along with a family of beavers. There was one dog who always tried to come across the dam, some type of Rot mix, usually a stinger launched over his head was enough to send him packing. Last summer it took two, the second wasn't a warning. There have been a couple more that have been dispatched when they didn't heed the warning shot. No one in our family likes killing animals like this, but we won't allow a child to be mauled either.

cowboydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I voted "I've never pulled my gun and fired."

I have pulled my CCW twice when returning home and finding the house unsecure. Once the wife and kids came home and found the front door wide open. She called me to come home and check things out. The other time, I came home when everyone else was out and the back door was open. Both times it ended up that the kids had probably just not shut the door well. But I had my pistol out as I cleared the house - everyone else who had permission to be in my house was accounted for, and I would rather have it ready if I encountered someone.

Unless you count the times I have defended myself from the armadillos invading my parents' property. :fullauto:

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
371 views and only 57 responses. Maybe I should have made the poll without revealing names :anyone:

If anyone has had a CCW experience but feels uncomfortable discussing it, there is no need divulge details, I just want stats.

Latest posts

Top Bottom