Seal Team 6 - The True Story

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whether the article is accurate or not, this definitely is.

They were also shocked that President Barack Obama announced bin Laden’s death on television the same evening, rendering useless much of the intelligence they had seized.

I was utterly floored that our COC would do this. Solely for political gain, nothing more. If he was really interested in the interest of our nation, we would still not know about it to this day. At least officially. He's an utterly pathetic loser.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shadowrider said:
Whether the article is accurate or not, this definitely is.

I was utterly floored that our COC would do this. Solely for political gain, nothing more. If he was really interested in the interest of our nation, we would still not know about it to this day. At least officially. He's an utterly pathetic loser.

Most times I too bend to the right, but let me suggest that if Bin Laden got plugged by a Seal Team on BHOs watch and he DIDN'T make the news public... then folks like yourself would condemn that action as authoritarian by a meglomaniac and declare it unconstitutional, and that the delay was spend fabricating a cover story and that "the truth" is out there...

BHO leaves much to be desired, but also understand that you folks are a tough crowd to please!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
High probability that they hung up his rifle in their club house as Bush got saddam's pistol in a display case from those guys that caught him. The Seals didn't want to turn this particular rifle over to the white house because they were afraid that holder would give it to the drug cartels to kill more American Law Enforcment Officers.
I didn't know Seals had a "club house" like some biker group.

I googled Saddams sidearm and never found one credible story about the weapon.
Closest I could find was some liberal Blog that said:
I recently called the White House about the status of this pistol and talked to both offices that record White House Gifts and Personal Gifts to the President. I was told that this weapon was not registered as a White House gift.

I'm still open to verification of this war trophy.
As a Vietnam veteran, we were not allowed to posess nor ship war trophys. I haven't seen any Gulf War, or Afganistan, or Current Iraq Vets bringing home bags of war trophy's.

I'm open to clarification.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I recently called the White House about the status of this pistol and talked to both offices that record White House Gifts and Personal Gifts to the President. I was told that this weapon was not registered as a White House gift.

As a Vietnam veteran, we were not allowed to posess nor ship war trophys. I haven't seen any Gulf War, or Afganistan, or Current Iraq Vets bringing home bags of war trophy's.

I agree about this guys story being B.S....didn't feel right from the beginning.

To your other points: They do have Team Rooms....lots of units do...and trust me, just because you haven't seen anyone bringing home war trophies doesn't mean it isn't happening. Lots of them are being brought home, legally and not.

On the legal side, there are historical artifact type exemptions/approvals for units to bring home things for training/display. On the illegal side, a unit, especially an elite unit, that has it's own dedicated airlift and little to no customs inspection upon return can pretty much bring back whatever they feel is worth the risk.

Heck, I saw a unit load up a 12.7mm anti-aircraft gun for the ride home....saw another load a shipping container with AKMs and RPG launchers. I had many opportunities to bring stuff back myself, but decided none of it was worth the consequences....but it happens.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Listened to an account of the raid on NatGEO in the garage over the weekend, this story doesn't match the NatGEO account at all.

I'm certain there are details of the operation we will never know, and what we do know is what our "leaders" want us to know.

Maverick21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I recall an acquaintance several years ago believed his roommate had Saddam's pistol and was in the group that captured him. Pretty sure he wasn't even deployed...

Latest posts

Top Bottom