See Through Riser vs Carry Handle Mount???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a Red Dot I'm going to put on an AR. Should I pull the handle and go with a riser mount or should I keep the handle on and go with a carry handle mount?

Is one mount better than the other?

Ride Da Fire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
used to have a fake aimpoint on top of my A2 AR, I didnt like it too much because the RD was sitting way up there, I had to add a cheek piece to be able to aim. Remove the handle. what RD do you have? I have Eotech and the BUIS is an ARMS flip and the on the other AR is an aimpoint with MI raiser and BUIS is MI. I love them both.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
lose the handle, mount the reddot on the flattop and get a back up iron sight if you want the option of irons.

Can't mount directly to the rail - tried that first, the front sight is in the way of the optic. The red dot is smack dab in the middle of the sight.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the front sight will ghost when you got use to it. It was bugging me at first but its all good now or the other option is get a flip front sight.

I thought that too but it's plain as day, I can't look past it. I went ahead mounted it to check it out. That's when I knew I needed to make a change.

Ride Da Fire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought that too but it's plain as day, I can't look past it. I went ahead mounted it to check it out. That's when I knew I needed to make a change.

[Broken External Image]

i like aimpoint with MI raiser, it allowed me to see better view than Eotech because it sit about an inch above the rail. I bought the aimpoint from olyeller for my wife's AR, if she can do it, i know you can do it too :)

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a done deal, I bought a carry handle rail from Mark today. I'm pleased with the sight's location and it looks kinda cool. The see through riser didn't give me the elevation I wanted.

Thanks for the input. - XD

Latest posts

Top Bottom