Self Defense - What is Fair

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Right-On-Target

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just can’t stop rehashing Joe Biden’s comment stating the wielder of a double barrel shotgun has an advantage over someone with (what he defines as) an assault rifle. As we followed the Christopher Dorner story, it was very difficult for me to think how I could defend my family against a fugitive law enforcement officer if I was armed only with a double barrel shotgun.

In a situation of life-or-death self-defense, I suppose Joe would fire his two rounds of buck shot and hope that would suffice. Still I ask myself why the government would enact legislation with the intent of removing weapons that would result in giving law abiding citizens a disadvantage against violent criminals.

It is my belief that this is another one of Joe’s off-the-cuff remarks that was not carefully thought out, or a comment intended to influence uneducated Americans.

Joe,
You keep your double barrel shotgun, and good luck!

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Right-On-Target said:
It is my belief that this is another one of Joe’s off-the-cuff remarks that was not carefully thought out, or a comment intended to influence uneducated Americans.

Are any of his remarks well thought-out (at least the ones that someone else doesn't give him)?

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is fair in self defense? Not a damn thing. Anyone breaking into my home better pack a sack lunch, and I hope they dont bring ham and cheese cause I hate ham sammich's. Bringing a double barrel shotgun to my party would be a collosal error of epic proportions. . . Or am I supposed to quake because Joe says it's an advantage over an AR? That might be why the wife and I both keep one next to the bed at night loaded with PDX-1 and 2 spare mags for each rifle.

BikerHT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
KSG_ammo_4401web.jpg

F@(K Joe and the horse that was screwing him on the way in!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

What is funny about Joe is that when Paul Ryan made a reference during the Vice-Presidential debate to making the occasional gaffe when speaking, Joe Biden then stated, "Yeah, but I never say anything that I don't mean."

I pray every day that nothing ever happens to Obama, because I'd hate to see such a dim-witted ding-bat as our President. Of course, Obama is still dangerous.

Latest posts

Top Bottom