Sept. 20th, 1984

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
On this day and about this time I arrived at Ft. Benning GA. I was at the recruit building for processing, was tired and hung over. Put a Puma lockblade and a pack of smokes in the amnisty box. Lost it forever, i hope the new owner cut his hand really bad.

Got assigned to 1st platoon, C company, 10thbn, 2nd brigade at Harmony Church. SFC Renois, SSGt McClean were my Drill Sargents.

Why do i remember this day? It was the day before my 18th birthday.

Smokin

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was a Sand Hill baby, but Harmony church definitely has an old school feel to it. There is probably someone who was very happy you put that Puma in there. I put a penthouse, 2 cigars, and some aftershave in the amnesty box.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think sand hilton was just getting built. Either way we had no a/c, dont remember heat either. I thought if the real old timers could do it i could too.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My memorable date was June 9th 1975. Ten days out of High School and I was at Lackland AFB in San Antonio Texas with the Training Instructor yelling at me for being in bed at 0500 wanting to know why I was sleeping so late.

Latest posts

Top Bottom