Shooting around Stillwater

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbrinegar

New to the site!
Reaction score
New guy here and so happy I found this site. Hopefully someone can help solve my problem of finding a place to shoot.

I'm originally from Houston where there's rifle ranges out the wazoo.Since I only got to shoot during school breaks I thought I'd bring my rifle back up with me to shoot all the time. The only problem is that I haven't been able to find ANYTHING close to Stillwater that isn't a private club, a 2 hour drive, or really sketchy. I haven't been able to shoot a single round since bringing my rifle back up and I'm considering knocking on people's doors to ask if I can use their land for target practice.

So my question to y'all is simple. Does anyone know of a place around Stillwater with at least a 200 yd range that is public, within reasonable driving distance, and I won't have to be worrying about other shooters being careless?

Thank you.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Join SRPC like SPIFF says. It's not that much and worth it to keep the bubba's out. If you find a place that "everyone goes to shoot", you never knw who is going to show up with what. It's about 20 minutes from Stillwater. There was a man in eastern Oklahoma that was killed last year by some thugs that found him alone at a local shooting spot. They killed him and took his guns.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nowadays, public ranges are a little strange sometimes, especially if you go by yourself. Not so bad with a group of buddies. If we are at a public range and some sketchy characters show up, we take turns watching them while the rest of us shoot. Sad that it has to be like this.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
http://www.srpc.info/about/about.shtml

Join it. Seriously. It cost me $155 total for the first year and $55 every year after while I was at OSU. 500 yard rifle range and I was usually the only person out there.

What he said.

I didn't find out about it until my last year at OSU, or I would have. Nice range for the price.

Latest posts

Top Bottom