Shot two new guns today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pokefun

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went to my gun guys house last Tuesday to have him order a compact 1911. He had in inventory a Kahr CW45 and showed it to me. Needless to say, i bought it as I am looking for a thinner carry weapon (I usually carry a Glock 23). I also had him order a Citadel compact. I went and picked up the Citadel yesterday and took the whole family shooting today.

The Citadel has the best trigger I have ever seen on a production gun, bar none! I did not shoot but 50 rounds through it today, but they all were in a five inch circle at 12 yards. Found a new carry gun!

The Kahr also got 50 rounds. I know the break in is 200, but the rest of the family got cold shooting out in the pasture and I decided to take them home. Back to the Kahr, it feels good but it shoots terrible. I couldn't figure out where it was on the target because there are numerous holes on the wood and it was not hitting the paper. I walked to 5 yards and that is when I saw it was hitting the ground 3 feet from the target at 12 yards! Not sure if this is normal, but I don't like it! I will finish off the 200 round break in and see if it gets better but if it doesn't I will be in the Kahr customer service back pocket until it does. Any body else had this problem with a Kahr? Did it get better?

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never shot the CW series. Only have experiance with P9 and K40. Both of which are Match grade guns. The CW was built as an entry level Kahr. It doesn't have the polygonal rifling. Other than that I would say it is either the shooter or the gun. But both the P9 and K40 shot tight 3" groups out of the box at 12 yards easy. At 25 yards you could easily hit paper with every pull. I would give it some time, but I would say that it should shoot better than that out of the box. Hope you get her figured out.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The only kahr I've shot was a CW9 and it hadn't been cleaned in probably 500+ rounds. I didn't have a single problem with it functioning and I was getting 4" groups at 15 yards pretty easily.

pokefun

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got aggravated and did not shoot it as much as the citadel. I will get the 200 rounds down range before I believe it is not a shooter. It could very well be that it flat doesn't like the ammo, or that I am not shooting it correctly. I will give it every chance though.

Big Dog 65

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have a Kahr CW45. It is one of my best guns. I've shot aover 700 rounds through mine and took it apart and cleaned it after each shooting. Never expericed your trouble before. Might try taking it apart and assembling it again.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got aggravated and did not shoot it as much as the citadel. I will get the 200 rounds down range before I believe it is not a shooter. It could very well be that it flat doesn't like the ammo, or that I am not shooting it correctly. I will give it every chance though.

Not sure what your experience level is with crappy triggers, but almost everyone I know shoots the Kahr (and S&W Sigma pistols) very low due to not being used to that DAO feeling longer trigger.

Try shooting it from a bench rest and using very slow deliberate pulling motion with no flinching or jerking and see if its still shooting low.

Latest posts

Top Bottom