Your cowboy guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I grew up watching Roy Rogers and all the Ojala trained movie & TV gunslingers. Glen Ford was considered one of the best by Ojala.
I had a Red Ryder BB gun and a Mattel Fanner 50 gun rig and lots of caps
I had a horse toss me on my ass one time for shooting that Fanner 50 while in the saddle
I got to shoot some cool old single actions, lever guns and Winchester 1887 and 1897 shotguns owned by all the old men I grew up around.
These days I have a Ruger Bisley Vaquero and a Rossi 92 both in 45 Colt, a 3030 Winchester model 94 and my 1897 shotgun.
Was a time I could fast draw pretty quick and run a lever gun well, Hit well at distance with a big bore Ruger from shooting IHMSA matches
I think about selling off most of my modern guns and stick with what I enjoy more. Trying to live life better. “The Cowboy Way”

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a few "cowboy guns". They're my favorites as far as cool factor but rarely come out of the safe. When there were still birds (pheasants) around, I'd always try to walk a few fields every year with great grandpa's 1887. I never got one with it but I still walked with it.
Then one year I had an opportunity to deer hunt unexpectedly and happened to have my M1A and 1886 with me. I alternated days with those. Of course the deer showed up when I was with the M1A.

20180617_105220.jpg
received_603575266737950.jpeg

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love lever guns. I have a few, but not as many as I'd like to have... Kinda have my eye on a stainless Rossi M92 in .357 over in McAlester. Feel a road trip coming on...
Not sure if you've been there yet, but All Pawn used to be a great shop in McAlester. Guy named Alan runs it, great guy to deal with.

Cat City Slim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I grew up watching Roy Rogers and all the Ojala trained movie & TV gunslingers. Glen Ford was considered one of the best by Ojala.
I had a Red Ryder BB gun and a Mattel Fanner 50 gun rig and lots of caps
I had a horse toss me on my ass one time for shooting that Fanner 50 while in the saddle
I got to shoot some cool old single actions, lever guns and Winchester 1887 and 1897 shotguns owned by all the old men I grew up around.
These days I have a Ruger Bisley Vaquero and a Rossi 92 both in 45 Colt, a 3030 Winchester model 94 and my 1897 shotgun.
Was a time I could fast draw pretty quick and run a lever gun well, Hit well at distance with a big bore Ruger from shooting IHMSA matches
I think about selling off most of my modern guns and stick with what I enjoy more. Trying to live life better. “The Cowboy Way”
If you haven’t already done so, you should come out a cowboy action shooting event. Don’t plan on just watching, you’ll have multiple offers to get shooting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom