shotguns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The best bang for the buck would have to be the Mossberg Maverick 88. Same as the 500 except for the location of the safety. The stocks and barrels will interchange between the two models as well so there's a lot of aftermarket stuff already out there for it.
Academy has them on sale occasionally for around $150ish.

I have the best lookin 88 in the state :D

[Broken External Image]

langston302

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Winchester 97 Trench Model FTW.....

Oh wait......um....................

Really, you need to be specific about what you want/need it for then it will be easier to narrow down your choices. I am a Fan of Remmy's and Mossie's

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I picked this up for $250 locally. It's an older Remmy 1100 12 ga, and works great. 25" vent rib barrel.

ai157.photobucket.com_albums_t52_m5stingray18_Guns_1100_126.jpg

S&W 10

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
what do i look for in a shotgun looking to buy one what is the best shotgun for the money thanks

Trying not to stir the pot tooooo much, but...

Outside of selecting the appropriate gauge, type of action, barrel length and choke constrictions for your intended usage, proper fitment and balance is a must for any type of shooting.

As far as "the best shotgun for the money" and until the OP states his intended use and budget, I'd have to go with any of the fine products from Boss, Purdy or Holland & Holland for a field gun, a Kolar Skeet Max for a skeet gun and a Ljutic SLE Pro for a trap gun. I really can't recommend a nice, quality Sporting clays shotgun as I simply don't have enough personal experience with the game to give any acceptable advice.

Hopefully the OP will come back and clarify his needs and I'm fairly sure some of the regular contributors here will be of greater assistance; we need more new folks joining any shooting sport...especially shotgunning! ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom