Should I er on the side of caution due to the burn ban

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The water hose is for the grass. The Class B rated fire extinguisher and large box of banking soda is for the grease.

Bryan Hall agreed but suggested a call to Sheriff. Sheriff deferred to Fire Chief. Called and had to leave a message. Might hear back might not.

Thats rediculous, who's authority is it? As many people that you had to call, I am suprised an answer wasn't given as their opinion.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That fire a couple of months ago... along 177 near Carney... it burned north all the way to the Cimerron in spots. Word is a guy was grilling hot dogs for his grandkids it was a race from there...

I had a 50 acre fire in January (tresspasser with a cigarette butt is my best guess)... it is WAY dry and all the undergrowth is tinder maximus.

~Just Sayin' be careful

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would not recommend using water on a potential grease fire. I would suggest a couple of small buckets of sand. But remember, the buckets have to be small enough that you can lift them and toss the sand quickly. I suggest at least a second bucket so that you can throw sand at the place you missed in your excitement the first time. Best setup I ever saw was a rectangular tub of sand with a lid. They had a small coffee can that they used to scoop multiple small tosses of sand at the fire.

BTW - I'm not a fireman, I only play one in the bedroom...

Bootleggn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
jstaylor62 said:
I would not recommend using water on a potential grease fire. I would suggest a couple of small buckets of sand. But remember, the buckets have to be small enough that you can lift them and toss the sand quickly. I suggest at least a second bucket so that you can throw sand at the place you missed in your excitement the first time. Best setup I ever saw was a rectangular tub of sand with a lid. They had a small coffee can that they used to scoop multiple small tosses of sand at the fire.

BTW - I'm not a fireman, I only play one in the bedroom...

The Class B is for the grease, not the water ext. For grease, you'd be best off w/ a K Class ext but they don't come cheap.

eellis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A burn ban is for when you are burning stuff not for cooking. Except if you are cooking on an open fire and that would be burning something to make a fire to cook on. Hope you took your fryer! Just don't dump your hot grease on anything flamable!

Latest posts

Top Bottom