Side by side Derringer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

specialop24

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you thinking of the 4 barreled COPS .357? I see those at gun shows every now and then.

Wikipedia

No I saw quite a few of those. They are cool but not what we want. These little side x side guns are just real nice. Really liked the pic of the .22 with the double trigger. That would be perfect. I'll be looking for one.

Thanks for everything, glad to see they do exist.

Bigfoot

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a gun identical to the 4-10 in the photo 12 years ago that was new. It was made in Chattanooga, Tenn. Cannot remember the name of the MFG. There is a switch on the hammer that selects which barrel fires. Do not make the mistake of firing this gun if the switch is in between, straight up. It will rip your hand open and smack you in the face. 12 years ago, and I can still feel it......

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Only SxS derringers I've ever seen were the old Cobray .45/.410 shotshell, which I think was later also called a Lienad.

www.derringer.de_n_lein4.jpg

I handled a Cobray for a while, and crude was an understatement. Thought it might be handy for snakes.

Big and ugly for a derringer IMO......

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Granted, it's probably not the first color choice for the rest of you but I love it....two barrels of good old American .357 magnum! I call it "The Noisy Cricket" :). Yeah, how's that car jacking career working out for you now Mr. Nolonger Hasaface? KaBOOM!

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was watching a show the other night and they had a guy from Double Tap ammo on there shooting one of their new cartridges (I have no idea how old the show was so this may be old news) called the "Equalizer". It comes in several calibers and basically has two projectiles coming out of the same cartridge. The two projectiles always hit within an inch of each other, apparently one hits point of aim and the other above it no further than an inch. They showed it used in a 10mm and it was really pretty impressive.

So I was thinking, since it comes in .357 magnum, it would be perfect for use in my derringer. A derringer is pretty limited as to how far it can be used accurately, unless you're Bob Munden who could have probably hunted ducks with one, so getting two shots per cartridge out of a two barrel derringer sounds like a winner.

Latest posts

Top Bottom