Sig K2000 Laser Range Finder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I test drove my Sig K2000 laser range finder today for the first time and was very impressed. It easily ranged our cows/horse at 847yds, oil tank batteries at 1,567yds, and with its fast four-times a second scan mode I was able to range a soaring buzzard at 454yds. The cows were black, white, and the horse is a bay color.

The instructions state it will range past 2,000yds on reflective targets, 1,500 on trees, and 1,200 on deer

The three objections I have with it are the aiming circle is too large, the glass could be better, and there is no attachment for a tripod. Long Rifles Inc makes an attachment for it so you can attach a tripod though. All in all I believe it's an excellent range finder for +/-$400.

I'll give it a good test in October when we're after antelope in Colorado.

If you're looking for a good range finder check out the Sig.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the review. Looking for a longer range finder than my current setup that won't break me. Wish I could find a used terrapin or may just hold out until I can afford either the Swarovski or zeiss ranging binos.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the review. Looking for a longer range finder than my current setup that won't break me. Wish I could find a used terrapin or may just hold out until I can afford either the Swarovski or zeiss ranging binos.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

I read a report that Sig is coming out with a newer model (K2400 ?) that should be better than the K2000.

I had the K2000 out Sunday during the midday and it reflected off my 10" gong and my Montana antelope decoy at 850 yards.

I've noticed they have gone up over $100 since I bought mine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom