Sigma 40 caliber

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saltydog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Smith & Wesson Sigma 9mm or .40 cal the deal is/was/will be good on both. My buddy has one I prefer and am glad I got the M&P40 but there is a significant price difference there. Get the sigma and shoot a lot of ammo to make sure it runs right there seems to be more QC issues with the sigma than other guns.

I have 47 handguns and a sig229 (I don't perfer to carry it) is the only .40 I have. I just want to know were the best place to buy the Sigma would be. I have not bought a firearm from a gun dealer since the 90's. I recently shot a sigma in 9mm and I like it. I want to carry that version of handgun in a .40. I'll take cvrx4 advice and wait for the gun show. Maybe get a good deal there.

MISph1t

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I bought my pistol about a month ago at Academy in Edmond the Sigma was on sale for $299 in 9mm or .40. I was told that the sale was over in about a week but the rebate would run through April. The rebate was a choice of $50 or 2 magazines.

saltydog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If they are running the $50 or 2 free mags I would go for the mags, as they are about $35 apiece.

Nice, thats what I plan on doing. 4 mags would be OK.

I bought my first one at a gun show for $329 and then got the $50 back. I just did not like it. I did not like the trigger pull of it.

Sorry to hear that. I shoot lots of revolvers over the years and some of us "Old Geesers" can shoot "accurately and rapidly" with double action so trigger pull to me is not an issue. This old saying still holds true, "Practice makes perfect" :)

gun shows seem to "generally" be more pricey???:scream: in my opinion...:sweat:

I called Academy in Tulsa and there deal was $319 with 50 dollar rebate or mags until the end of April. If a dealer at the gun show can match that or better i will buy it there. I still need to go to the show as I buy Portugese battle packs in .308 for my 91 everytime I hit the shows. :) If the gunshow does not pan out I will hit Academy before the end of the month. Thanks for all you guys help.... :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom