Small generator

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Their disclaimer about sending it back is really promising.
I have seen many of the gas generators peter out early...
I have used DC to AC inverters ..and actually have not had one fail me yet..
I have a 2000 watt continuous that will run my mig welder with the gas hooked up..
That takes more Amperage than the flux core wire...
i gave $189 for it.....
But you need batteries....Maybe a lawnmower spinnin an alternator to keep batteries up...
Homemade one basically....I had mine hooked to my vehicles..
My buddy has 3 gas powered generators..all busted in some way..

I hear a reliable one will have a welder attached to it....
Who knows..maybe all the small ones i have dealt with were junk....

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really don't now about the Black and Decker one, but the smaller ones from Honda and Yamaha both seem to hold up pretty well from the RV's that I have talked to. The inverter type of generators do put less load on the engines since they don't have to run at 3600 rpm to generate 60 cycle power.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have a Honda EU3000IS that we've had for a number of years. Mostly, it has been used for camping, but this last summer, we had a period where our electric was out for a few days. (We live in our RV.) Fortunately, it wasn't during really hot weather, so it worked just fine for us. I also like the Honda because with the "Eco" switch turned on, it is quiet enough to stand within 6 feet of it and have a normal conversation.

With any small engine, be sure and avoid gasoline with ethanol like the plague. The ethanol is harmful to any engine, but especially so to the small ones.

OKMinuteman

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a Yamaha 2400i that is used for my travel trailer and very limited house after storms. It is a stellar machine and can be relied on to work when needed year after year if stowed properly. In the long run with quality you get what you pay for.

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got a Yamaha 4500iSE this past summer. It has not gotten much use so far, but it is quiet, has electric start, and uses a lot less gas than my old one. I also will not use anything but 100% gas.

gearys 5600

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The EU2000 & EU3000 Honda's are hard to beat. They are a little more $ than others but are worth it.

I had a 2000 and two 3000's that I sold to buy a EU6500is.

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would have considered the Honda as well as the Yamaha, except that they discontinued the 4500. I would have had to go up to the 6500 and I did not want to go that big.

Latest posts

Top Bottom