Smith & Wesson Model 36-6 Target Revolver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okvet03

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just saw one of these while surfing the web. The look like a blast. Any one have one, or shot one?

ai1013.photobucket.com_albums_af259_Okvet03_pix241248968.jpg

TonyT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Many years ago H.H. Harris the S&W distributor in chicago had some Chief Special (pre 36's) made up with target sights. It had a strange history - purchased by me before 1968 in my home town in NJ, sold to a local LEO in Michigan who had it refinished in nickel while he was at the S&W armorers school, he finally sold it to a collector in a small town in central Wisconsin (ca 700 people) which was my wife's birthplace. Can you beat that for coincidence from my home town to my wife,s via our Michigan residence.

Okvet03

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen D's 60-4. I really like it. I'm looking for one now. I guess I'm the guy you hope to see at the gun show if you have some ridiculous hard to move oddball cause I'm all over it.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
a long bbl J with adjustable sights IS a collectors item.

Back in the day quite a few plain clothes and female officers went with a 3 inch J frame... smaller grips for those who needed those... and the 3 inch offers longer sight radius and tends to be just a little easier to shoot.

Any body around here have a 5 inch J frame?

Latest posts

Top Bottom