Smoking deal on .45ACP Winchester white box

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I received via FedEx the five boxes I'd ordered. Whomever packed the shipping carton did a wonderful job - it was big enough for at least thirty boxes of ammo, and the five that were shipped were "protected" by a short strip of air filled cushions. One box of ammo had broken open and spilled all its contents across the interior of the carton, and two of the four other ammo boxes were ready to burst open.

I marvel at the ingenuity of some people...

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I received via FedEx the five boxes I'd ordered. Whomever packed the shipping carton did a wonderful job - it was big enough for at least thirty boxes of ammo, and the five that were shipped were "protected" by a short strip of air filled cushions. One box of ammo had broken open and spilled all its contents across the interior of the carton, and two of the four other ammo boxes were ready to burst open.

Well when a company pays high-school kids just barely over minimum wage you should not expect too much more.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Midway is just as bad at packing. This is one I received.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Really? So how much should a temp be paid for a low-skill job?

Just saying that if you want someone that shows pride and skill in their field then pay them that way. Academy does not pay for skilled or not. They start everyone off with horrible wages. I worked there a few years ago for 18 months while I was in school. I literally could have gone to Walmart and gotten a raise. I was there because I wanted to be there, and my work showed it. In return I got to do what I wanted to do most days (hold down the gun bar). But the entitled 18 year old that gets crap pay that would rather be playing video games doesn't care if they make minimum wage here or anywhere else. Money is a great motivator. Pay for the performance you want. You would not buy a fiat and expect to get Ferrari performance would you?

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But the entitled 18 year old that gets crap pay that would rather be playing video games doesn't care if they make minimum wage here or anywhere else. Money is a great motivator. Pay for the performance you...... ?

I'll wager that paying the entitled 18 year old another $5-10 per hour won't increase the job performance.

There are some really good kids out there with a good work ethic. They are getting harder to find. But when you find that kid, THAT is the one you have to reward with the extra money.

Work with the entitled kid some and try to reform him to improve his performance. But at the first sign he is still not willing to change, do him a favor and fire him. The good performers will become better when you get him out of the environment.

Latest posts

Top Bottom