So much for Dicks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank Pope

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
View attachment 404213

Dick's Sporting Goods stock plunges on earnings miss, falling profits​

Brad SmithTue, August 22, 2023 at 10:13 AM CDT
Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS) shares are sinking after reporting an earnings miss and slashing its guidance in connection to declining profits and retail theft. Barclays Consumer Discretionary Analyst Adrienne Yih joins Yahoo Finance Live to break down the sports retailer's latest quarter.
Haven't darkened their door since they came out against the demon AR 15.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I refuse to do business with corporations that run to join the virtue signaling crowd that are pandering to the leftist agenda; and I sure I don’t want ‘noth’n’ to do with Dicks! Gillette jumped in on the Anti-chauvinism/Anti-toxic masculinity Narrative (I remember the slogan, “Come on guys, we can do better!” (I spent a lifetime working for my family, being their for my kids and my wife, so I won’t be admonished and shamed for the fact that I’m a man); Nike made that ‘Colon Kaeperphalactic’ their spokesman for an advertising campaign; Benchmade bragged about helping a Police Department destroy confiscated guns and donated to the Demoncratz political campaign (I think maybe to the Republicans also that year to hedge their bets); every advertisement that mentions “…. these difficult times…” in reference to the contrived Coronavirus Panic ‘burnz my azz’; and I’m still laughing about the recent incident where a waitress told me that they carried Budweiser Products (I’ll never swallow any of that stuff again because I can’t be sure of exactly what’s gotten into it)…..

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I refuse to do business with corporations that run to join the virtue signaling crowd that are pandering to the leftist agenda; and I sure I don’t want ‘noth’n’ to do with Dicks! Gillette jumped in on the Anti-chauvinism/Anti-toxic masculinity Narrative (I remember the slogan, “Come on guys, we can do better!” (I spent a lifetime working for my family, being their for my kids and my wife, so I won’t be admonished and shamed for the fact that I’m a man); Nike made that ‘Colon Kaeperphalactic’ their spokesman for an advertising campaign; Benchmade bragged about helping a Police Department destroy confiscated guns and donated to the Demoncratz political campaign (I think maybe to the Republicans also that year to hedge their bets); every advertisement that mentions “…. these difficult times…” in reference to the contrived Coronavirus Panic ‘burnz my azz’; and I’m still laughing about the recent incident where a waitress told me that they carried Budweiser Products (I’ll never swallow any of that stuff again because I can’t be sure of exactly what’s gotten into it)…..

Ford's woke too. Was going to order a new Bronco for my wife (Not the poser Bronco Sport) pretty much loaded too. Their LGTBQ Ranger Raptor Ad pretty much killed that. Bronco is a want, not a need. Would buy a used one (doesn't contribute to Ford's bottom line) but only way to pay less than sticker is to get one beat to hell or very high mileage.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom