SpaceX plans to build luxury spaceport resort in a tiny Texas town

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
SpaceX plans to build luxury spaceport resort in a tiny Texas town. August 12, 2020
https://www.chron.com/news/space/ar...-new-venture-for-Texas-spaceport-15474919.php

BOCA CHICA, TX - SEPTEMBER 28: A prototype of SpaceX's Starship spacecraft is seen at the company's Texas launch facility on September 28, 2019 in Boca Chica near Brownsville, Texas. The Starship spacecraft is a massive vehicle meant to take people to the Moon, Mars, and beyond.

920x920.jpg

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing about one of the bright spots in current news. I'm following developments in Boca Chica closely, via youtube. At a glance some aspects may appear crude, like the quality of the welds. These are prototypes only. I believe they have switched to a different stainless steel in order to improve weld quality.
The last "hop" they did was awesome.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
that Elon Musk knows how to find and attract talent!
most don't realize that Elon has a trans-global plan that includes a global satellite network
in the near future broadband will come from the skies via a huge global network of satellites.

currently no one else even comes close to being able to put up a network of satellites in terms of economics and technologies that still doesn't exist yet.

k4ylr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And we're getting our Tesla service centers in Tulsa and OKC. We missed out on the factory but Austin was second fiddle to Sparks for the gigafactory last go around.

Tulsa is still very much on the map for a future gigafactory and enticing an entirely new sector. Now we just need the legislature to allow them to sell direct in OK.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oklahoma sure is surprising when it comes to next gen technology. I took a county road drive out to Cement today for a new tool, was astonished how many houses in very small towns and way out in the country were sporting huge solar arrays on their houses. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Tesla found a platform to call Oklahoma home.

Latest posts

Top Bottom