SPRAYING A GUN STOCK WITH CLEAR KRYLON & IT ORANGE PEALS.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Walnut with nice figure, light gloss had lots of scrapes in the finish . Steamed out a couple of dents . Lightly sanded the stock blending in the scrapes. Lightly damped the stock with water & sanded with 1000 paper. It was thoughly dry when I sprayed it.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Walnut with nice figure, light gloss had lots of scrapes in the finish . Steamed out a couple of dents . Lightly sanded the stock blending in the scrapes. Lightly damped the stock with water & sanded with 1000 paper. It was thoughly dry when I sprayed it.
You might be able to strip it off and refinish with linseed oil

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seal it with shellac first.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You may be able to lightly sand with your 1000 grit paper then polish to the shine you want???? Orange peel on cars is a paint application issue a lot of the time. But if sanding and polishing don't work i agree you'll have to strip it and start over.