Springfield 1911 9mm???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HarryBear

HB
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Who knows the full details on a Springfield Loaded 9mm 1911 w/ Bomar adjustable sights and a national match stainless steel and magwell mags? Value? Details? Reliablity? Grade compared to a Colt, etc?

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have heard the mags are the downfall of the pistol. Good news is that Wilson makes mags in 9mm. Not too long ago Big Boys in Wheatland had one, might still be there. I know he had aColt 80's blued 1911 in 9mm too. IIRC, the prices were around 850.00.

TonyT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who knows the full details on a Springfield Loaded 9mm 1911 w/ Bomar adjustable sights and a national match stainless steel and magwell mags? Value? Details? Reliablity? Grade compared to a Colt, etc?

I have a Springfield 1911 target in 9mm which has the same configuration as the one you described. It has been totally reliable with a wide variety of reloads with plated and jacketed bullets. I have used Metalform mags with the SA cut, standard Metalform and MecGar magazines and all performed flawlessly.
At one time I had a Dan Wesson 1911 Pointman in 9mm. It performed flawlessly with round nose bullets but I expereinced relaibility problems with feeding truncated cone or JHP's including the Rainier 147 gr. RNFP. The DW did not have a ramped barrel while the SA has a ramped barrel. The 9mm 1911's with ramped barrels are reliable performers.
Recently I have opted for the S&W M&P9Pro with it's larger magazine capacity to shoot both IDPA and USPSA and am selling the SA 1911 Target.

Latest posts

Top Bottom