SRM 1216 Semi-Auto Shotgun 16rnds - Any Interest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerStatePawn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to put an order in for one of these. The look to be pretty sweet. If anyone has any interest in one these, let me know and I'll get you one ordered. The standard SRM 1216 is $2399.99.

SRM1216.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was thinking this was really cool until he showed how you have to flip a lever and rotate the magazine every 4 rounds. Silly design for that kind of money.
I don't see much of a disadvantage to such a design. The guy in the video could manipulate it pretty quickly, and I would imagine that sending four rounds of buckshot down range would buy you a little bit of time. Indeed, manual operation might even be more reliable than some other system. Pump guns usually work okay.

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let's see: you have to be careful how you grip it, you have to be careful what you feed it, you have to be careful how you shoulder it - all for the low price of $2,399. No thanks. Not even for $1,000. My $0.02

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the semi auto shotgun category there are basically only two options out there that are worth their salt IMO. They are: Benelli M4 and the Vepr 12. Nothing else currently out there is even close to those two. If Atchisson Assault ever decides to produce a sermi version of the AA-12 then that would be added to my list as well.

The SRM 1216 is a horrible shotgun design IMO. Expensive, gimmicky, unorthodox design that would require lots of training and muscle memory, bad ergos, limited ammo section, isn't rugged enough....

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So this thing basically a 4-rnd semi auto AND a 16-rnd pump that you cannot hipfire OR shoot cheap shells out of? A $300 870 or 500 will shoot 8 rounds of anything without issue. A $600 1100 will take mopst rounds without issue. Spend half of that and you'll have a good semi shotgun like an M4 that relies on pump-shotgun muscle memory too.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm waiting for someone to redesign the 12ga shotshell itself to conform with modern firearms design. We're basically using the same design as black powder shells from the 1860's for single and double barrel break action shotguns. Everything since then has been an adaptation to the design of the shell, rather than the other way around. I want a shotgun that utilizes a double stack, single feed, drop free detachable box magazine with a LRBHO and ergronomic controls. Until that time, I think the Benelli M2 (defense/action) and Beretta A400 (sporting) are superior to all other designs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom