Steel Challenge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enuf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody on here shoot or used to shoot Steel Challenge? I am looking for recommendations for a gun case for pistol and rifle - what works, what don't work, fabric type, brands.... just what I should look at.

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use this for pistol case to carry pistol and mags to the start position, and fits in my range bag. Use it for my buckmark and center fire pistols at steel challenge.
MidwayUSA Tactical Pistol Case 14 Black

pistol case.JPG

As for rifle, whatever fits the rifle. You don't uncase until you're instructed to and at the shooting position

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you are shooting the regular match, you will be drawing your pistol from a holster. If you are shooting one of the category matches like rim fire, or PCC then you will want a bag. It really doesn't matter what kind of material just one made for the firearm you are shooting.

enuf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just starting. I believe I will be pulling from the bag on a bench. I've seen some like the one foghorn posted out there - I just couldn't remember what they were.

enuf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

enuf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well poop - got in too big a hurry and ordered a different one that was in the same area of Midway as that one. Twice the money too - does that mean you owe me $25.00? :comfort:

Latest posts

Top Bottom