Steel targets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weav199

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I want to have a steel target area at my range. anyone know where to get specs for them? ie; steel gauge, type (hardness) mounts so they tilt/fall when hit. tia, James.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's been many threads over the last couple of years that cover the subject and options in detail, well worth the time to search.

That being said, for home range use, scrap steel plate or old welding cylinders cut in half and hung from heavy chain work well. Check your local scrap yard for pieces of heavy plate or welding gas supply for damaged or no longer serviceable tanks.

Tyson C.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
don't know if this helps but i will show off my 500yd target, i made the other day with some scrap stuff i had sitting around :idea:....

i used two T-posts for in the ground, .5" square tubeing connects from post to post and holds target in the center, 2" round pipe to cap over the ends of T-posts, rebar bent over the square tubeing, with a 10" round mild steel target welded to the rebar. swings like a champ when my .223 hits it....

i1222.photobucket.com_albums_dd500_TKC78_target.jpg

hvlp6347

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is there a metel shop in OKC area that is selling target steel? Or even a place who would cut various shapes out for me? I can wel the stand and frames but it would be a lot easier if I could buy the target pieces.

Many vo-ag FFA chapters in high schools are looking for cutting and welding projects for the students to gain experience on. It will depend on the local instructor if they will make targets or not. Most will be glad for something to help the students learn on. Most also have good plasma cutters and welders.

Latest posts

Top Bottom