stringing a bow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you buy the string from the dealer, they usually put it on for free or minimal amount. Around $35-45 bucks. This may not be accurate for all bows, but I paid just under $40 to get mine done last year in OKC.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
All I do, is step through the bow, put pressure on the top limb tip, slip the top loop onto the grooves, look at the tips to make sure they are straight, and then slowly let the limbs out to where the string is taut.

If you need to, get a bow stringer, but it aint worth paying someone to do it.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All I do, is step through the bow, put pressure on the top limb tip, slip the top loop onto the grooves, look at the tips to make sure they are straight, and then slowly let the limbs out to where the string is taut.

If you need to, get a bow stringer, but it aint worth paying someone to do it.

long bow? recurve? I assumed he was talking about a compound needing a new string.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you buy the string from the dealer, they usually put it on for free or minimal amount. Around $35-45 bucks. This may not be accurate for all bows, but I paid just under $40 to get mine done last year in OKC.

Not real sure. My brother in law is giving me his old bow, but told me it needs restrung. How much is it if it is a compound?

My reply above is the ball park for a new string and install for a compound. I would go to reputable archery pro shop and ask them if the bow can be set up for you before spending money for a new string.

Latest posts

Top Bottom