Stuck SVT Muzzle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If we weren't so far apart, I'd let you borrow my heat gun. They can be found pretty easily, and are not too expensive. If you get one, you'll find all sorts of uses for it, gun related or otherwise. I just used mine recently to melt the red Loctite on my factory Benelli magazine tube. I had to heat the tube/receiver connection to 250 degrees to break the hold on the Loctite. I use it all the time for various things, such as stubborn sight installations (depending on the type of sight), grip tape installs, and a host of other things. You might give one a try. Just do a little reading up on the finish of those SVT-40 parts, and how hot you can heat them up before you affect the finish. For example, red Loctite is supposed to melt between 250-275 degrees. The factory finish on my receiver and magazine tube was rated for 400 degrees (don't even know if my heat gun could get something that hot), so I had lots of room to work within. Just make sure you know your limits when applying lots of heat.
Breaking the Locktite bond is very different than applying heat to external mating threaded part to via thermal expansion break the thread bond. Heat gun usually heats everything in wide contact relationship....not focused, not high enough heat to thermally break the bond.

Latest posts

Top Bottom