Suburban office prepping! (JK - humorous work backpack cleanout )

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use an Oakley "Kitchen Sink" backpack (their actual name for it) for running to and fro from my office. Carries my office EDC, plus laptop, tablet, spare phone, papers, etc etc etc -- the usual office stuff

Darn thing was feeling heavier and heavier all the time so i decided to empty it for a clean out and re-organization and wondering if you gents have ever had a moment as enlightening (literally)

Now, i knew the Sig and its 2 spares were there so thats a non issue , but this is in addition to all the office detritus -- didnt bother to snap a pic of the non essential office electronica and papers that got round filed , but in addition to that -- i've got

(5) folding knives
(4) magazines (2 1911 and 2 Sig 238 )
(2 ) cheap multi tools
(2) GI can openers
(1) magnesium firestarter
(1) long lost pair of Ray Bans (in a Maui Jim case)
(1) big field knife
(1) pair of spare readers- always nice to find
A bunch of protein bars and about a thousand feet of 550 cord
- also about 2 cylinder full of loose .357 rounds

LOL -- this isnt my "Bug Out Bag" -- anyway, plenty of decent gear to re-distribute where its supposed to go now

e0MubxTl.jpg

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you are asking for opinions, I would probably try to keep the knife on me and not carry 3 to save weight. I'd probably also only carry one multi-tool in the bag. I'd have a flashlight on me or in the bag, a lighter in the bag, first aid/trauma kit in the bag, ear plugs, gas mask, pepper spray, water bottle, etc LOL.

If you are gonna carry a bag that large, then why not go all out...but the goal for me if for the office would be to have less stuff and a smaller bag and as much on my person as I could instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom