Sunday night Duck Hunt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hard_r

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went out duck hunting tonight. First time field hunting. We were set up on a bean field with the dekes out in the mowed row. Saw literally hundreds of ducks. About 150 yards north of where we were. Got a spot scoped out for the final weekend though. And got to se some quackers. Good hunt.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My buddy and I were driving back and forth this weekend between our trapping spot, and Ponca.
In our lifetimes we have never seen so many ducks and geese as we saw those two days. The overcast sky made it easier to see the gaggles.
We came up on one wheatfield that had a goose "tornado" going on. There had to be thousands of lessers, and snow geese in the air circling to land in a wheatfield. Impressive sight, but I'm sure the wheat farmer was freaked out if he saw them.

hard_r

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My buddy and I were driving back and forth this weekend between our trapping spot, and Ponca.
In our lifetimes we have never seen so many ducks and geese as we saw those two days. The overcast sky made it easier to see the gaggles.
We came up on one wheatfield that had a goose "tornado" going on. There had to be thousands of lessers, and snow geese in the air circling to land in a wheatfield. Impressive sight, but I'm sure the wheat farmer was freaked out if he saw them.

I hear the Ponca/Kaw area has some incredible waterfowl hunting. since I'll be relocating there, I may have to look into some spots...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hear the Ponca/Kaw area has some incredible waterfowl hunting. since I'll be relocating there, I may have to look into some spots...

We do have some great waterfowl hunting. The ODW draws down Kaw and plants Japenese millet for the ducks in the upper lake flats.
I personally don't waterfowl hunt, but those that do, have a great opportunity for some great hunting.
That being said, with it being so cold the last couple of days, a GW friend that loves to hunt waterfowl, was searching for a spot with ducks on it.
So, like everything else, its dependant on mother nature.

Latest posts

Top Bottom