Surging home insurance costs could force families to leave these 10 states (OK is one)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chaparral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Might be wrong but I believe the laws in OK allow for insurance companies to aggregate their losses from other states into our computations. Other states do not allow this. So we pay for kaliformunism polices and others. They keep tighter control of the insurance companies.

I do not understand how homes which burn down do not seem to receive insurance settlements. And the insurance companies have multiple outs to paying for repairs. That was a builders defect, we will not pay to fix.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Same guys missing the big picture and acting like nothing is going on and mocking those paying attention.

From your own link.

Industry advocates argue that they do not control enough market share to dictate prices in any market. Large institutions owned roughly 5% of the 14 million single-family rentals nationally in early 2022.

"
Paying attention"

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@montesa I think we are safe in Oklahoma.

https://www.fastcompany.com/91016143/best-jobs-2024-good-salaries-flexible-wfh-indeed-list

According to Parcl Labs: Once the Tricon deal is complete, Blackstone’s single-family rental portfolio will be most concentrated in the following 5 housing markets:
  1. Atlanta: 11,144 homes (7,104 Tricon; 4,040 Home Partners of America)
  2. Dallas: 5,172 homes (2,922 Tricon; 2,250 Home Partners of America)
  3. Charlotte: 4,710 homes (3,986 Tricon; 724 Home Partners of America)
  4. Tampa: 3,949 homes (2,365 Tricon; 1,584 Home Partners of America)
  5. Phoenix: 3,801 homes (2,863 Tricon; 938 Home Partners of America)
Those housing markets have some of the highest levels of institutional homeownership in the country. The reason is that their favorable demographics and rental growth have attracted big single-family investors, according to Parcl Labs.
While a portfolio of 61,964 homes isn't small, in the grand scheme of the U.S. housing market, which has over 82 million single-family homes, it might not be as large as it initially sounds.
On a national level, institutional homebuyers—firms owning at least 1,000 homes—own around 1% of the total U.S. single-family stock, according to Parcl Labs

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From your own link.

Industry advocates argue that they do not control enough market share to dictate prices in any market. Large institutions owned roughly 5% of the 14 million single-family rentals nationally in early 2022.

"
Paying attention"
It's increased greatly in the last two years and according to that link could be up to 40 percent by 2030. No doubt rising insurance costs will be a factor. Also look to see if these institutional investors also own or control insurance companies. Very possible.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, I'll play. Miss the entire point much?

So that I understand, you are so rich that inflation and Bidenomics don't affect you? Yeah, that must be nice. That checks out with almost every truly wealthy person I've known. Almost none of them care what something costs as long as they have cash to cover it. Uh huh.

Completely separate question for no particular reason, do you feel that shoving large quantities of edibles down a person's throat could impact their reading comprehension negatively? Just curious.
Be careful you don't make a new friend. Before you know it you'll get followed around the site with someone quoting your stuff and continually saying Dunning-Kruger.

Chaparral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What are the numbers when you add in condos, townhomes, and apartments? Directionally I would anticipate the numbers to be far more extreme. But those markets do generally trend to corporate ownership, non?

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From your link:

"Institutional investors may control 40% of U.S. single-family rental homes by 2030, according to MetLife Investment Management. And a group of Washington, D.C., lawmakers say Wall Street needs to back away from the market."

The emphasis is rental homes. How many of single family homes are rentals? Answer: It's a drop in the bucket. It's easy to miss that detail with the context of that article. That's by design.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Insurance?? I was talking about inflation under Biden & trump, & was referring to the govt cpi/inflation report on the economy. I wasn’t referring to insurance in any way. What the heck are you talking about??🤦‍♂️ I was talking to another member about inflation & Your unsolicited comment has nothing to do with our topic.
Guru, lol what a dufus. I know reading comprehension isn’t your strong point, but try to keep up. Good grief
The topic os the thread was surging insurance cost.

Latest posts

Top Bottom