"Tactical" Sub-Load Gun Belt Basics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grindstone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reaction score
I have a fair bit of "simulated" use, but I've just been wearing it without any real thought of placement. Here it is a couple years ago, just changed the placement of a few pouches and traded out the SERPA for a Safariland 6004. I haven't used it in over a year, though, so it's time for some adjustments.

Nice man. I like it. 6004 is a way to go, but might not be as comfortable to run in for long durations if you are using it as a drop holster. I use my 6004 for direct action missions and the SERPA only for around the base or when traveling.

That looks like the Tactical Tailor set up. I like the fact their suspenders are padded and lined with the multi-mesh. If I can make one recommendation, if you are going to use this rig for the Run 'n Gun, you may consider getting a Sternum Strap. This will ensure that your suspenders are not slipping off your shoulders as you run and in the process assist with weight distribution and comfort. You can get one in Multicam from SKD for USD 7.95 at http://www.skdtac.com/PIG-Sternum-Strap-p/pig.613.htm

Also if you need some pistol pouches for your 92, we got some in Multicam from Eagle Industries and First Spear that feature a Kydex insert. They also have additional securing strap or bungee cord pull tab.

Grindstone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice man. I like it. 6004 is a way to go, but might not be as comfortable to run in for long durations if you are using it as a drop holster. I use my 6004 for direct action missions and the SERPA only for around the base or when traveling.

That looks like the Tactical Tailor set up. I like the fact their suspenders are padded and lined with the multi-mesh. If I can make one recommendation, if you are going to use this rig for the Run 'n Gun, you may consider getting a Sternum Strap. This will ensure that your suspenders are not slipping off your shoulders as you run and in the process assist with weight distribution and comfort. You can get one in Multicam from SKD for USD 7.95 at http://www.skdtac.com/PIG-Sternum-Strap-p/pig.613.htm

Also if you need some pistol pouches for your 92, we got some in Multicam from Eagle Industries and First Spear that feature a Kydex insert. They also have additional securing strap or bungee cord pull tab.

Thanks, appreciate the feedback.

I modified the 6004 to make it sit higher on my leg. The belt loop is shorter and I removed the upper leg strap. It still sit's secure and is more like a halfway between belt-mounted and drop-leg, which I really prefer. Makes it easier to draw when wearing a PC but still keeps the weight closer to my hip instead of my knee.

The belt is a Blackwater IO gear I snatched up for $10 on eBay a few years ago. The suspenders and IFAK are ICE Tactical, good gear but terrible company to deal with. Took over a month and a paypal threat to actually get my **** sent.

I'm not going to make the Run 'n Gun this year, but I haven't had a problem with the suspenders slipping. I might reevaluate that need after I change it up.

I'm actually looking to swap out the belt. I want something with a bit more MOLLE real estate and with an open bottom so I can loop the 6004 to it, rather than my pants belt.

I'm using the EI FB pouches, which might be what you're referring to. But I don't have the 92 anymore, so I'll be converting it to hold my 1911 now.

I'll dig it out and show you my current set up when I get the chance.

Last edited:

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a fair bit of "simulated" use, but I've just been wearing it without any real thought of placement. Here it is a couple years ago, just changed the placement of a few pouches and traded out the SERPA for a Safariland 6004. I haven't used it in over a year, though, so it's time for some adjustments.

I've been running a belt for awhile now and really like it as well. I'm also a fan of safariland holsters. I'll try to get a pic of it and post as a reference. I used it in last years run-n-gun with a low profile chest rig that carried 3 AR mags only with success.

Latest posts

Top Bottom