Taser attacks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think as police officers are constantly in the clear for putting down a citizen who threatens them with "something", I would think that defense would be an ace.

Most recent I can remember was in Perry, when a guy lead police a few miles in pursuit, pulled into walmart, hopped out of the truck pointing an ice scraper at the officer. Officer fired in what he perceived as self defense, was cleared days later. That officer did exactly as he should have. He responded to an immediate threat he perceived as imminent. Why would that defense not work for a normal citizen?

centraloklahoma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok so two bad guys get hold of X26's with multiple cartridges? Or are these X2's or civilian C2's? Or are we talking civilian made in China or Japan "Stun Guns"?

They are robbing you with a weapon? The weapon most likely LOOKS like a pistol?

I say shoot them as many times necessary to protect yourself and stop the threat.

http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/DeliverDocument.asp?CiteID=69324

Justifiable Homicide by Other Persons

1. When resisting any attempt to murder such person, or to commit any felony upon him......

They have to be close up to use them effectively. Considering LE are trained that if the "bad guy" attempts to use a Taser and the LE can't make distance then it's a lethal force situation based upon the idea that a bad guy is attempting to incapacitate an LE, once incapacitated the LE could be disarmed and killed with their own weapon.....(that's the entire point of LE being "exposed" to the Taser's effects)

Robbery by two or more persons...

http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/DeliverDocument.asp?CiteID=69356

Then there is good old "Stand your ground"

D. A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force, if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.

http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/DeliverDocument.asp?citeid=69782

Last edited:

dru

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
what about the defense that a taser looks reasonably like a pistol and when you saw it you thought that they were carrying a deadly weapon. I'm referring more specifically to the ones the cops carry than what one might carry when out for a walk but still....If someone is going around tazing people then their intentions are most likely not going to just to taze but instead to rob or otherwise cause serious injury. I think you could mount a decent defense from that.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Id shoot them and let the chips fall where they may. If you have to use a gun, use it, the consequences will be out of your hands anyway.

oklaccer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does the BG have a Taser or a stun gun? Taser will get you from a distance, about 15 ft. Stun gun has to be in direct physical contact. Either way, If I see a that Taser or stun gun in their hand and they are close enough to use it, they get to meet my little Austrian friend up close and personal. They won't use it in a crowd, so you should be able to see them coming - situational awareness. Be ready before they get too close.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A Taser can be lethal in the 1 in 100,000 deployment. The standard primary risk is to the individual who is aged, has serious underlying health issues or similar. Otherwise it is simply going to put the person Tased out of commission and on the ground. A Taser may not work on an individual on certain drugs or seriously focused on some behavior.

The "down on the ground and out of commission" issue is a life-threatening circumstance for LE's. They might well have their firearm snatched from their compromised body and used against them, to effect their demise. Ditto for a civilian carrying a self defense firearm who is Tased to the ground.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does the BG have a Taser or a stun gun? Taser will get you from a distance, about 15 ft. Stun gun has to be in direct physical contact. Either way, If I see a that Taser or stun gun in their hand and they are close enough to use it, they get to meet my little Austrian friend up close and personal. They won't use it in a crowd, so you should be able to see them coming - situational awareness. Be ready before they get too close.

Depending on the wire leads, a Taser can be deployed at up to 35 feet. Standard is 15-21 feet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom