Taurus 431...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Anybody own one? :anyone:

This is sorta like Taurus' answer to the Smith & Wesson model 696...and L framed, 5 shot revolver, 3 inch snout, chambered in .44 Special.

I know a guy who has one for $400. Are they any good?

ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y171_hipowersandhandguns_005.jpg

A friend of mine over in Germany picked up one when they first came out. His was the blued version. A neat little package, and for the most part a good shooter. The only thing was it didn't do well with lead slugs, jacketed ammo it shot to POA/POI. Now thats the only one I have ever fired, and haven't heard of this issue with any other. Its probably one of Taurus' better revolvers. You don't see many up for sale or trade. So either owners really like them, or they took a blowtorch to them so no one else would have them.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A friend of mine over in Germany picked up one when they first came out. His was the blued version. A neat little package, and for the most part a good shooter. The only thing was it didn't do well with lead slugs, jacketed ammo it shot to POA/POI. Now thats the only one I have ever fired, and haven't heard of this issue with any other. Its probably one of Taurus' better revolvers. You don't see many up for sale or trade. So either owners really like them, or they took a blowtorch to them so no one else would have them.

Thanks Leighton. :thumb:

I'm still trying to "justify" my need for this revolver to Mrs GED.

"Ain't you got enough guns yet?" is her response. :rolleyes2

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The answer is always one to many, but never enough!!!!!! Heck, buy it, and if you don't like it, sell it to me.

I think I've got her talked into it.

I wound up with a Christmas bonus that I wasn't expecting, so I'm doing the whole "pennies from Heaven" and "extra/unexpected funds" thing on her.

She mentioned something about MAYBE putting it in lay-away. :w000t:

We'll see! :naughty:

Latest posts

Top Bottom