• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

North East OK Taurus PT 24/7 Pro DS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dobiedisco

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn't Ft. Smith only like a couple miles from the OK border? Doesn't seem unreasonable and OP says he is willing to meet which I took to mean he'd drive into Oklahoma for a sale.

I'll be in Okemah this weekend which leaves me an hour and a half or so from Ft. Smith. If closer to where I'll be, I'd love to look at it but still trying to decide if I need another handgun.
Thank you for understanding the logistics behind why I posted here. Since I venture into Oklahoma, I didn't think there would be an issue, but it sounds like I need to see if someone with a Texas DL, staying with family in Arkansas, can legally sell a gun to an Oklahoma resident, lol. It's a very clean gun, I used it at an indoor range in Houston and can no longer handle the weight due to hand injuries, otherwise I would keep it.
Yeah, I would not sell to someone who is a Texas resident without going through an FFL. It's only a problem if you get caught, then it's a potential 10 year prison sentence.
With my luck, I get caught, but wouldn't knowingly break any laws regarding gun sales. Since a bill of sale isn't required, it didn't seem there would be an issue (I would definitely ask to see DL, though).

I really thought there may have been other Arkies, residing on the border, in this group who would be interested.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I really thought there may have been other Arkies, residing on the border, in this group who would be interested.
There very well may be. It would likely be a small minority of the overall membership here, but you only need one. We are just kind of pointing out the obvious, while having a little fun with you. If you have an Arkansas DL, I think that makes you an Arkansas resident, and it's possible you'll find an Oklahoma resident who will buy from you... but federal law says that's illegal. You CAN sell it to an Okie resident through an FFL, it's a little more trouble but legal.

dobiedisco

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There very well may be. It would likely be a small minority of the overall membership here, but you only need one. We are just kind of pointing out the obvious, while having a little fun with you. If you have an Arkansas DL, I think that makes you an Arkansas resident, and it's possible you'll find an Oklahoma resident who will buy from you... but federal law says that's illegal. You CAN sell it to an Okie resident through an FFL, it's a little more trouble but legal.
I actually have a Texas DL 🤭

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
137   0   0
If I may interject my useless two cents, Armslist automatically populates Ft. Smith into Oklahoma AND Arkansas....
Screenshot_20210819-113925.png
Screenshot_20210819-113937.png

dobiedisco

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah, you said that. The snarky part of me wants to reply, "Oh well... that changes EVERYTHING!" :rollingla

But I won't take the snarky route. THIS time... LOL
😁 Have at it, I had the worst luck ever living there.. apparently hurricanes aren't my friend and, although I didn't live next to water, I lost 2 homes in less than 10 years, the 2nd time with everything in it.