Ten Point Titan Tl-7 vs a newer affordable crossbow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No accu-draw or accu-draw 50? Just cocking with a rope?

No accu-draw unit and it has a red-dot (scopes fetch a better price because they are preffered over red dots), I would personally not give $300 for that crossbow. With the information you have given me about that bow I would say $200 or $250 max! That's just my opinion. Again, for $399 you can have a Wicked Ridge (TenPoint) that has all the features mentioned above. That Wicked Ridge is made in the USA by TenPoint in the exact same factory TenPoint comes from in Ohio.

That TL-7 would be a great bow and a solid bow, and for the right price it would be worth buying it. I personally could not give $300 for it, knowing I can get a brand new one for $99 more.

I will also mention I have personally done business with the website above and the owner is probably the best online crossbow dealer I know of. So if you do look at buying online, definitely see what he has to offer as his rates are usually one of the best.

Justin184

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok yeah that makes sense. I was thinking that the trade was headed south when I found out it didn't include the accudraw that goes for 200 by itself lol.

Thank you ElkStalkr and Okie4570 for the help and info that kept me from getting the short end of the stick.

Also, just going to say that I can't really find hardly anything negative about the entry level Barnett's. Most of the few negative reports kind of just sounded like general wear and tear and not a flaw in the product. But as I said before I don't really have any personal experience with the company so I am just going with what I have read in articles and forums. It has just been my personal experience with the internet reviewing a product or company that if there is a flaw you better believe you are going to read about it EVERYWHERE lol.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I should add this. No matter what bow you get you should go shoot it before you buy it and make sure you like it. Its free and easy to shoot one, just go to any archery shop that carries them and ask to try it out!! That doesn't mean you have to buy the bow there, but at least you will know how that model feels before your order it!

jberry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOVE ten point. I have turbo XLT II and have absolutely no issues with cross bow. I have the accudraw. Absolutely worth every penny. Had a nut come off the handle and called to get a new nut, they sent me an entire new crank handle...FOR FREE.

I will never own anything else.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First off, I am new to crossbows and I don't really know what to compare besides size weight and fps. I also get that kinetic energy in ft/lbs is another way to judge power as far as I understand but that is about all I can compare at the moment.

I have the opportunity to trade for an older Ten Point Tl-7 that clocks in around 285 fps with a little over 400 gr bolt I believe.

Now what I was wondering was if I should consider getting this older xbow or just go ahead and get a newer faster model instead. I was looking at the Barnett Jackal and it seems to have comparable weight and size with a faster shot at 315 fps.

The Tl-7 used to be a pretty pricey bow in its day and I just wanted to know if anyone with more experience could enlighten me to the possible unseen benefits of the older Ten Point vs the new Jackal which has great reviews but is significantly cheaper now new than the Ten Point was in its day.

All the info I can get on the Tl-7 is pretty dated and it seems the crossbow field has evolved a lot since 2007-2010 era.

Thanks in advance for any wisdom shared on the matter. I just don't want to sell myself short if I have the opportunity for something special that I can't really appreciate with my limited knowledge.

Crossbows are a pain in the ARSE dude! Had one. It was a pain the rump to shoot, constantly had to lube it, recocking sucks, and they are heavy. HATED IT, SOLD IT! Do yourself a favor and buy a good compound. Just my .02.

Latest posts

Top Bottom