Texas Sheriff to Looters: Try it and ‘You Could Leave This County in a Bag’

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2017...l&utm_term=down-range&utm_campaign=20170907dr
Texas Sheriff to Looters: Try it and ‘You Could Leave This County in a Bag’
by AWR HAWKINS 3 Sep 2017Sugarland, TX

"Sheriff Troy Nehls–Fort Bend County, Texas–is warning would-be looters to rethink entering his county. The sheriff says his residents are armed and would-be looters might end up getting hauled to the morgue in a bag."...

That's the kind of talk we should hear from our civil leaders vs the comments to give them some time to express their anger we heard in the destruction of Baltimore.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's the kind of talk we should hear from our civil leaders vs the comments to give them some time to express their anger we heard in the destruction of Baltimore.

This was exactly the situation that came to my mind when I read the headline.... what a difference in attitude from NE big city to southern rural areas. Sometimes these differences are negative on our side, as well, but this one, I agree with. Texas also has that law about shooting to protect your property, not just your life - I would think that would give many "potential" looters the heebie-jeebies!

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This was exactly the situation that came to my mind when I read the headline.... what a difference in attitude from NE big city to southern rural areas. Sometimes these differences are negative on our side, as well, but this one, I agree with. Texas also has that law about shooting to protect your property, not just your life - I would think that would give many "potential" looters the heebie-jeebies!

That's the way it should be. I think it should be called "Suicide by Looting." If there is no profit in looting, what else could it be?

Woody

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So many will scream that shooting someone over property is not worth it . . . to just let the bad guys do what they do and fight it in court.

I say that this type of attitude is WHY we have so many bad guys. If you make it too hazardous for them to ply their nefarious trade, then they will find a new line of work.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So many will scream that shooting someone over property is not worth it . . . to just let the bad guys do what they do and fight it in court.

I say that this type of attitude is WHY we have so many bad guys. If you make it too hazardous for them to ply their nefarious trade, then they will find a new line of work.

I will have to admit that I tend to take that line of reasoning. Problem with looting like this, as opposed to a break and enter in "normal" times, is everybody is a bit desperate. I'm not sure how I would handle myself if I was protecting what few things I had valuable (food, water, etc.) and didn't know when or how I was gonna replace those things. I cannot figure out what in the world is left after flooding like Houston has had for someone to "loot". But then again I'm not prone to those kinds of activities so I have no idea what is valuable and what is not. #oldwhiteladyproblems

Latest posts

Top Bottom