The Daisy Model 2202

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Road Runner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking for information on a Daisy Model 2202 rifle that I picked up at an auction several years ago. It only shoots .22 LR. The stock says Legacy by Daisy. It is a youth length stock, but it also adjust out for us big guys. The magazine is a 10 round rotary magazine very similar to a 10/22 magazine. Does anyone know when this model was manufactured and if they are worth anything?

cw821

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I picked one up cheap a few years ago. Mine came with 2 extra barrels, which wasn't that big of a deal, but also 3 extra mags. Turned out it wouldn't work for what I wanted so I decided to sell it. Sold the extra mags for $60 each on gunbroker, and the gun for slightly more than what i gave. Oh, and the two barrels also, but can't remember the price. Ended up making about 3 times what I bought it for, all dumb luck since I had no idea what it was either.

Neat gun though. Does yours have a plastic barrel? One of the barrels I got had been cut short. It was a thin inner barrel with thick plastic covering.

Road Runner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, it looks like a octagon barrel, but it is exactly as you describe. A thin inner barrel with a plastic octagon covering. The rifle only came with one mag, but I only paid $75 for the rifle.

When I bought it, I was thinking it would be good for the kids to use to learn to shoot. However, later I decided to start them out on a single shot using a Remington 514.

Last edited:

Z71

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ended up with two of the little Daisy bolt-guns years ago in a trade deal. I gave one away..and kept the best one. I still have it too.

Really the Daisy .22 rifle is quite cheap and cheesy..however it works well enough and is small and compact.

The Daisy bolt is a pain to take apart! The firingpin on mine got dull from wear...and I had to take it apart and 'sharpen' the firingpin so it would fire reliably.

I wouldn't go out of my way to own one...but I do sort of like the one I do own.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looking for information on a Daisy Model 2202 rifle that I picked up at an auction several years ago. It only shoots .22 LR. The stock says Legacy by Daisy. It is a youth length stock, but it also adjust out for us big guys. The magazine is a 10 round rotary magazine very similar to a 10/22 magazine. Does anyone know when this model was manufactured and if they are worth anything?

made in the late 80's possibly into the 90's they didn't go over too well. I was a daisy dealer and probably sold a hundred bb/pellet guns for every one of the 22's I sold.

Latest posts

Top Bottom