The dollar continues to collapse

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gold hit a record high today of over $2400.

1712929486153.png

1712929248374.png

Silver has hit close to $50 shortly after the Carter debacle which is a good economy compared to what biden is doing today.
Silver is over $29 today.
1712929457825.png

1712929416373.png

Attachments

• 1712929396433.png
    1712929396433.png
    31.2 KB · Views: 0

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And folks here want to complain because minimum wage workers want more. Their wages/raises don't keep up with inflation. (MY wages aren't either)

Companies raise prices to make up for rising material costs, shipping costs, etc...

Somehow labor costs don't get the same consideration.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And folks here want to complain because minimum wage workers want more. Their wages/raises don't keep up with inflation. (MY wages aren't either)

Companies raise prices to make up for rising material costs, shipping costs, etc...

I was very young during the double digit 1970's and 80's. The employer's were far more generous with COLA increases than they are today. WTF happened to people in general? Health Insurance was an expectation of employers, pensions were pretty common. It seems like the more government has intruded, the worse off we are.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was very young during the double digit 1970's and 80's. The employer's were far more generous with COLA increases than they are today. WTF happened to people in general? Health Insurance was an expectation of employers, pensions were pretty common. It seems like the more government has intruded, the worse off we are.
Yup.
Lessons learned have been forgotten. It's almost like some of these folks forgot why unions existed, and why they became unimportant. The time is just about ripe for those union recruiters to start handing out cards again, and CEOs are gonna be wondering what happened.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yup.
Lessons learned have been forgotten. It's almost like some of these folks forgot why unions existed, and why they became unimportant. The time is just about ripe for those union recruiters to start handing out cards again, and CEOs are gonna be wondering what happened.
Funny part about the 1970's and 80's, they gave COLA's to Non Union Salaried Employees. I was fortunate, my parents talked about money to my sister and I, even when young. They did it in such a way that we didn't worry, just knew we should try to do the same...

Last edited:

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Minimum wage in 1964 was $1.15. So four 90% silver quarters a silver dime and 5 copper pennies. Around $32 today.

It is almost as if there is a group of rootless international bankers printing fiat currency and sucking the wealth out of this country.

🤔🤔🤔

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

The problem is who/what caused the inflation? In the Carter years, and now the Biden years, it's democrat policies. Tax and spend.
If you think wages should follow inflation, the inflation will continue to increase along with wages until the country is bankrupt from spending which causes inflation.
High inflation without following wage increases creates a new voting class that puts in people that are hurting to vote for those that at least say they are going to hold down inflation and spending.
Yeah, I know that has people hurting, and it's not their fault.
It's the fault of the liberal politicians that create inflation.
Proof in the pudding......several chain restaurants and fast-food companies are leaving commiefornika because of the new $20 minimum wage designed to "help" them through inflation.
If inflation ever falls (HAHA!!) in commiefornika, do you think the wages should be reduced to follow that?
It will never happen there or anyplace else.
What did happen is that thousands of people that had jobs are now without jobs because of the theory that wages should follow inflation.
Brain dead biden's promise that new taxes will never effect anyone making under $400,000 is a chant to the stupid. Raising taxes to corporations will result in raising the price to the consumer with is a backdoor tax.
Companies don't pay income taxes. They have a bottom line of staying in business, anything more gets passed to the consumer. Brain dead biden saying he is going to make the big business that contribute to his re-election pay more taxes is a big lie.

Latest posts

Top Bottom