The Fight for Our Kids' Minds Is the Fight for Our Republic

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://patriotpost.us/articles/62012-the-fight-for-our-kids-minds-is-the-fight-for-our-republic
No wonder leftists are fighting Betsy DeVos's reforms in court every step of the way.
Louis DeBroux · Mar. 27, 2019

"Yet despite the U.S. outpacing nearly every country in the world on per-student education spending, we have very little to show for it. In an annual ranking of OECD (Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development) countries, the United States ranked 40th in math (well below Macao, Slovenia, and Latvia), 24th in reading (well below Estonia and Poland), and 25th in science (below Vietnam and New Zealand)."

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Whomever controls the schools controls the future.

Someone very much smarter than I said that once, some long time ago.

Close.

As Hitler himself said, “Let me control the textbooks and I will control the state.

I thought Goebbels was the architect behind the Nazis hijacking Germany's schools. Apparently not.

The following is a book that talks about the strategy of seizing schools for the purpose of indoctrination. I've not read the book nor even heard of it until I googled the above phrase.

Whoever Controls the Schools Rules the World shows how education can be used as a vehicle for social change from Karl Marx and Adolf Hitler to secular humanism and radical Islam. Our worldview opponents understand that education is where the war of ideas is fought.

But there are tons of books on the subject of Western Civilization becoming complacent and secure in its own infallibility, thus allowing the enemies of Righteousness to surreptitiously steal the world. Our own laziness has allowed these people control of our schools and now, we're reduced to simply watching the horizon for the coming storm.

www.bluebird_electric.net_oceanography_Ocean_Plastic_Internatid5781200c4e48fea47e9d6c5999aed43.jpg

filbert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://patriotpost.us/articles/62012-the-fight-for-our-kids-minds-is-the-fight-for-our-republic
No wonder leftists are fighting Betsy DeVos's reforms in court every step of the way.
Louis DeBroux · Mar. 27, 2019

"Yet despite the U.S. outpacing nearly every country in the world on per-student education spending, we have very little to show for it. In an annual ranking of OECD (Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development) countries, the United States ranked 40th in math (well below Macao, Slovenia, and Latvia), 24th in reading (well below Estonia and Poland), and 25th in science (below Vietnam and New Zealand)."
And Oklahoma is getting ready to spend more money on education, what a waste. Just like the teacher pay raise was a waste, gave them a pay raise and didn't even get any promises our schools would do any better, or rank better in the future. That walk out was just a union strike.

filbert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The real problem is not text books or schools, it is parents. Basically schools are day care centers(prisons) for there kids. If you look at history there is always those people that stand out because they believe something and teach their children those beliefs, no matter what the text books or teachers say or teach. The vast majority of parents in America believe in pleasure and material things. We say we care about our kids but we don't.

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was not supposed be this way in these united States. we have a constitution
that does not live or breath. it was designed as our foundation.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The real problem is not text books or schools, it is parents.

Yeah, public schools and public school teachers are definitely the problem. Parents are also a part of the problem, but to dismiss the roles of schools in destroying our youth is naive.

The following excerpt is relevant:

http://www.leaderu.com/orgs/probe/docs/newageed.html

The Great Brain Robbery

Humanism is the dominant view among leading educators in the U.S. They set the trends of modern education, develop the curriculum, dispense federal monies, and advise government officials on educational needs. In short, they hold the future in their hands. As Christian taxpayers we are paying for the overthrow of our own position.

Charles Francis Potter, an original signer of the first Humanist Manifesto and honorary president of the National Education Association, has this to say about public school education: "Education is thus a most powerful ally of Humanism, and every American public school is a school of Humanism."

Not only are the leading educators of America promoting humanism, but so are those who write the textbooks children use in the classroom.

A sociology textbook dealing with ethics states: "There are exceptions to almost all moral laws, depending on the situation. What is wrong in one instance may be right in another. Most children learn that it is wrong to lie. But later they may learn that it is tactless, if not actually wrong, not to lie under certain circumstances."
(End quote.)

We (those who have been studying trends in education) have known the above for decades. Moral relativity surfaced in the 60s under the guise of "Situation Ethics." I first studied this in college in the early 70s. The main proponent of Situation Ethics was Joseph Fletcher, a nasty excuse for a human being.

I have a book in my library, "How Should We Then Live" by Francis Schaeffer. Dr Schaeffer examines humanism in detail from ancient Rome to the 1970s, inclusive. This has been an ongoing conspiracy involving (those who write) textbooks, teachers (who simply parrot textbooks), schools, the National Education Association (ironically, the worst enemy of education), teacher's unions, et al.

And for those unfamiliar with humanism, it says that man is great, by himself. He is inherently a glorious and self sufficient creature, and does not need a Creator. Man has the ability to dictate the terms of his own life and doesn't need God, the Bible, or any other external. Man only needs to do what he feels is best for himself. Various cultures and peoples have embraced it. Without fail, they failed miserably.

We saw this in America in the 60s when the mantra of the rebellious baby boomers was, "It's your thing; do what you want to do."

Those people were looking for a literal revolution. When that failed, they started moving into education and politics. The rest is history.

It would be nice if concerned parents would mobilize and take back the public schools, but I suspect Pandora's box has already been opened at this point.

Latest posts

Top Bottom