The Real Housewives of Wall Street

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Why is the Federal Reserve forking over $220 million in bailout money to the wives of two Morgan Stanley bigwigs?

Christy is the wife of John Mack, the chairman of Morgan Stanley. Susan is the widow of Peter Karches, a close friend of the Macks who served as president of Morgan Stanley's investment-banking division. Neither woman appears to have any serious history in business, apart from a few philanthropic experiences. Yet the Federal Reserve handed them both low-interest loans of nearly a quarter of a billion dollars through a complicated bailout program that virtually guaranteed them millions in risk-free income.

Read the rest at the link... Warning: It will probably make you angry.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're right... that made me mad. It shouldn't have suprised me though.

Somehow though, it will be Bush's fault I'm sure instead of the blame falling where it should.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
There's us and then there's them - the crooks who deceptively organize and profit off of the backs of the rest of us. How people can do that is beyond me. Even though they may be wealthy, they're bottom suckers and should be living life within windowless walls.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's just the way the system works for the people in positions of power and influence. Always has , probably always will.

Look at the sweetheart mortgage loan that Sen. Dodd received.
You and I could never get a loan like that because we don't sit on a powerful Senate committee.

One hand washes the other

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's just the way the system works for the people in positions of power and influence. Always has , probably always will.

Whether it was land barons, railroad owners, oil men, modern super rich or nobility, there has always been "us and them". What I see as different now is that the "masters" have become more selfish and arrogant. I think that in years past there was a trace of patriotism with most of them. Today they don't even care to be Americans and definitely don't give a hoot about our future, they think they are beyond nationality, that they are global citizens and profit the only thing that matters.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just finished reading the article. I guess nothing surprises me any more. Most of the bailout money went overseas to foreign corporations. One day they will tell me that they need to cut my Social Security to pay off the money they borrowed for the bailout.
And we make fun of foreign corrupt governments.
In the mean time we keep bombing Libya, and others. YES! Let's kick some a$$!

Latest posts

Top Bottom