These 1911 grips are awesome...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
$120 for fake marble grips seems a little steep. I might like them a little better in a darker pattern, but I wouldn't like them $120's worth. :(

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice looking, but maybe the make offer button would be more appropriate. Thats pretty expensive.

Yeah..I skimmed the article and didnt see an actual "what they are made from" section...
Nevermind. First words in the auction. With the right gun they would be great. I wonder what they weigh.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
$120 for fake marble grips seems a little steep. I might like them a little better in a darker pattern, but I wouldn't like them $120's worth. :(

I agree...
What if they were real marble? Then would you pay asking price?

I'm not positive, but I would guess that they are just acrylic, so they should hold up well. I think they're actually pretty cool looking though.

I don't understand these guys that charge $100+ for a set of 1911 grips. I'll admit, they're probably the easiest grips to make. Revolver grips I can see hitting the $100 mark, but really... plastic 1911 grips?

This isn't an offer (I don't like plastic grips and haven't done any!), but something like that I could make for $50-$60 depending on how much a block of that stuff would cost.

And they also do their grips on a cnc machine... no hand work, no crafstmenship or pride.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What if they were real marble? Then would you pay asking price?

BTW: I'm not sure if that was a hypothetical question or if you were really interested in it, but I would think that if you were to take marble to 1/4" and subject it to the punishment of .45 ACP... after drilling the holes, I can't imagine it would hold up well.

I've even thought about doing it with some left over granite, but I don't think it would hold up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom